I love some tasty, delicious, warm pancakes on weekend mornings, but have developed gluten sensitivity in the last two years; therefore, been on the hunt for THE perfect gluten free version of my fave breakfast!
My version is gluten free and paleo for all those that want a healthy alternative without the guilt, but with all the sweetness and yumminess! Recipe contains TWO major ingredients (banana and egg), but I’ve added some others for a better taste. They come out moist, flavorful, and never dry! Top them off with your favorite toppings and you’ll be singing before noon!
If you’ve noticed the pic above of my freshly made pancakes seems a bit burned – not to worry, they actually come out like this because the star ingredient is none other than a banana. Bananas tend to brown up real quick in the pan, making their appearance a bit darker than a regular pancake that contains flour.
One important note about making these, is that they do not flip as easy as the regular flour pancakes. Therefore, making a smaller portion per pancake is highly recommended, since egg (not flour) is the binder to keep it from breaking apart.
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine banana, egg, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and coconut oil in a blender. Mix well until you have a batter – I recommend to not over blend.
- Preheat skillet, then turn to the lowest setting.
- Grease skillet with coconut oil.
- Measure two tablespoons of batter per pancake and pour into skillet.
- Cook approx. 2 min per side.
- Top with pure maple syrup, organic blueberries or raspberries for extra sweetness.