I love the smell of fresh apples baking in the oven, especially come Fall season! How about a low calorie dessert that’s served with some hot tea for a relaxed evening! Eating an apple a day sure does keep a doctor away – delicious way that is! Oats promote healthy hair growth and apples are rich in immune boosting Vitamin C and important fiber!
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for some richness and decadence! May also be served at breakfast time for a healthy meal.
- 4 large apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons semi sweet dark chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, coconut milk, coconut oil, shredder coconut flakes, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Core and hollow out the apples with a spoon, leaving the bottom of the apples complete for the filling.
- Stuff and top each apple with the oat and coconut filling.
- Place the apples in a pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top the apples with chocolate chips.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a twist on the traditional apple pie dessert!